The boys at the Grand Canyon 2011

The boys at the Grand Canyon 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This family is going through a new phase in life and I hope we're ready for it. My husband has been on swing shift now for about 4 years and more.... He is finally being transferred to day shift. Although we have been waiting for this for a long time, I have some mixed feelings about it. The kids and I have a system at night that really works, and I hope the transition will be smooth. Also, I am having to give up all my time with my hubby during the day so that the kids can have their dad at night and for the sports activities that he needs to be at. I really don't mind sacrificing for them, it's just going to be hard!! Jake is about to turn 12 and the teenage years just seem to be coming faster and faster! It really freaks me out! He is still a very mild mannered kid, even with his ADHD. 6th grade really has been good for him. He likes to hang out with me a lot and never goes to bed or anywhere without telling me how much he loves me. Connor is in 3rd, and although he has always been my snugglebug, is really needing to be around me more. Not sure what that's about but I'm not going to complain! Garrett is doing amazing in 1st grade and I wonder why I ever worried about him. He is still struggling with ADHD and has a little bit of a hard time socially, but he is a wonderful boy. Sawyer......oh what can I say? He went from this amazingly mild tempered 2 year old to a demanding and grouchy 3 year old. I am trying to help him, but he is constantly giving one of us the "death look". We are still working on potty training with him. We were done for about a week. Now we are back to accidents in his undies all the time. I feel like we have taken 3 steps back! Ah....the joys of motherhood! I'm sure we will get it all figured out eventually! I am so thankful for my family and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the blessing of being a wife and mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment